Follow the latest breaking news and developments from India and around the world with Hindustan Times' newsdesk. From politics and policies to the economy and the environment, from local issues to national events and global affairs, we've got you covered.
Articles by HT News Desk
Authorities also announced countrywide power cuts of up to three hours a day from Monday because they can't supply enough fuel to power generating stations.
Maharashtra political turmoil: The BJP's Rahul Narwekar, 45, was elected as assembly speaker on day 1 of the special session.
- A letter issued by Rahul Narvekar's office reinstated Eknath Shinde as the Shiv Sena's legislative party leader and recognised the appointment of Bharat Gogawale from the Shinde camp as the chief whip of the Sena, removing Sunil Prabhu, who belongs to the Uddhav Thackeray faction.
- They have also been told to ask drivers of their vehicles to hoist the national flag on vehicles, Karnataka higher education minister CN Ashwath Narayan said.
The Copenhagen police had tweeted that teams of officers had been sent to the mall after reports of a shooting. They advised people inside the mall to stay put and await police assistance.
- The issue that resurfaced after the Eknath Shinde-led alliance government with the BJP came power in Maharashtra pertains to the new regime's proposal to shift the Metro-3 car shed project back to Mumbai's Aarey forest, an 1,800-acre area, often termed as the megalopolis's 'green lung'.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- PM Modi, who addressing a massive public meeting titled 'Vijay Sankalp Sabha' at the Parade Grounds in Hyderabad, said, the will of the people be fulfilled when the BJP comes to power in the state.
- Environmental activists and leaders of political parties, including the Uddhav Thackeray-led Shiv Sena and the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), have begun staging protests at the Aarey Colony against the proposal to build a Metro-3 car shed.
- Addressing the BJP national executive meeting in Hyderabad, the PM said India was fed up with dynastic politics and dynastic political parties. “It is difficult for such parties to survive for long,” he said.
The killing of a pharmacist in Maharashtra's Amravati and tailor Kanhaiya Lal in Udaipur have sparked massive outrage across the country. The National Investigation Agency is probing both the killings.
Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- According to reports, several IndiGo flights across the country were flying behind schedule due to the non-availability of crew members.
- The weather department announced the onset of monsoon in the national capital on Thursday, June 30.
"What are you scared of? That some of your MLAs may run away? Why so much fear?" Aaditya Thackeray said ahead of Sunday's crucial Speaker election in which BJP candidate Rahul Narwekar won.
In a tweet, the Samajwadi Party said Yadav had dissolved all the posts including the national presidents and state chiefs of all cells, state and district executive wings, youth and women outfits and other departments of the party.
After passing the first test of number on Sunday in the Speaker election, chief minister Eknath Shinde said the rebel MLAs had faith in him throughout and it is a huge thing as he is just a small worker of the party.
Rahul Narwekar, the Bharatiya Janata Party legislator from Colaba in South Mumbai received 164 votes against the Sena candidate Ranjan Salvi.
As commotion spread after the Sena office in the Maharashtra Assembly was found sealed off, Aaditya Thackeray said some Uddhav camp MLAs were locked up in the office following which the Uddhav camp decided to lock the office.
Lashkar-e-Toiba commander Taliban Hussain is a mastermind of the recent IED blasts in the Reasi district. The J&K Police had announced reward to anyone who would inform the authorities of his whereabouts.
In April this year, IAS officer Tina Dabi married IAS officer Dr Pradeep Gawande in a private ceremony in Jaipur where both of them are posted. Tina and Athar got divorced in 2021.
The Maharashtra assembly is holding a special two-day session after days of political tumult.
ByHT News Desk | Reported by Faisal Malik | Edited by Swati Bhasin, New Delhi
- The annual pilgrimage - to a 3,880-metre-high cave shrine of Lord Shiva located in the Himalayas - began on June 30.
- Visuals showed the engine in flames and smoke billowing while the journey to the destination came to a halt.
Raj Thackeray's son Amit Thackeray said the decision of the new government on Aarey is shocking for him and to all environment activists and animal lovers.
Pourakarmikas protest: The sanitation workers have been demanding dignified working conditions for quite some time.
In the purported audio, Bushra Bibi charts out social media campaign plan for Imran Khan's party and also questions why they have been inactive suddenly.
Maharashtra: Eknath Shinde and Devendra Fadnavis took oath earlier this week after the fall of MVA government and Uddhav Thackeray resignation.