Reliance AGM: Jio AirFiber to be launched on Sept 19. 5 things to know
With AirFibre, Reliance Jio aims to provide 1,50,000 connections per day.
Reliance Industries Limited chairman Mukesh Ambani on Monday announced that Jio AirFiber will be launched on the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi on September 19, 2023.
While addressing the 46th Annual General Meeting (AGM) via video conferencing, Ambani said, “Jio AirFiber uses a pan India 5G network to bypass the need of last mile fiber. With Jio AirFiber we can supercharge internet expansion to 150,000 connections per day.”
With AirFibre, Reliance Jio aims to provide 1,50,000 connections per day. The company claims that it has around 10 million JioFiber customers and aims to expand the Jio's network to over 200 million users.
Here are five thing to know about Jio AirFiber:
1. As per the jio website, Jio AirFiber aims to deliver fibre-like speed over the air without using any wires or cables.
2. The service can be used by only plugging in the device, and turning it on, after which the users can have their own personal Wi-Fi hotspot in their home, connected to ultra-high-speed internet using True 5G network.
3. Jio AirFiber uses pan-India 5G network and advanced wireless technologies to bypass the need for last-mile fibre.
4. With JioAirFiber, it will be easy for an individual to quickly connect home or office and multiple devices, including smartphones, PCs, tablets, smart TVs, and set-top boxes can be connected simultaneously to Gigabit-speed Internet.
5. It is a Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) solution that brings clutter-free high-speed connectivity of up to 1 Gbps to homes and offices.
While talking about digital services, Ambani said that Jio has consolidated its position as India's number one digital service provider, with 450 million subscribers consuming on an nearly 25 GB of broadband data on an average every month.
"Now our ambitions are even higher -- and they go beyond the shores of India, as I shall explain. Let’s first discuss Jio True 5G, our pioneering 5G broadband offering. We began our 5G rollout last October. In just nine months, Jio 5G is already present in over 96 per cent of the census towns of our country," Ambani said.
“Jio was launched seven years ago with a mission to transform India into a Premier Digital Society. We have invested our heart and soul into building a Digital Public Infrastructure which the entire world has begun to admire,” he added.
Reliance Industries's consolidated revenues stood at ₹9,74,864 crore, while EBITDA for FY23 was ₹1,53,920 crore. The net profit was ₹73,670 crore, said chairperson Mukesh Ambani.