India vs England]
Updated on Jul 18, 2022 10:53 PM IST
- Kohli hasn't scored an international century since 2019 and has been under fire over his wretched run with the bat.
- England's Test captain and star all-rounder Ben Stokes announced his retirement from ODI cricket, stating that he intends to focus on the red-ball format and T20s.
- Rishabh Pant scored his first century in white-ball cricket as he led India to victory in the third ODI against England with a masterful 125 off 111 balls.
- The 28-year-old took an ODI best 4-24 and followed up with a fine 77, helping India recover from the early collapse in Manchester.
- The India youngster took centre stage as they sealed 2-1 series win over England.
- Players of the Indian cricket team appeared a jubilant bunch after defeating England in the series-deciding 3rd ODI in Manchester on Sunday as they showered their captain Rohit Sharma after the match.
- Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar was one of the many legends who congratulated the Indian team for their wonderful 2-1 ODI series win against England.
- Moments after the big win BCCI President Sourav Ganguly rated India's show in England in the 2022 tour and mentioned Virat Kohli as well in his viral post.
- Shortly after India captured the ODI series 2-1 by defeating England by five wickets in the third ODI in Manchester where Rishabh Pant emerged as the star with a match-winning century, a tweet from Yuvraj Singh has gone viral.
- Ben Stokes had fallen to Hardik Pandya during England's innings in the third ODI and while the latter scored a match-saving half-century, Stokes managed to get back at him to a certain extent.
- Despite Pant's breathtaking efforts in Manchester on Sunday, it was India skipper Rohit Sharma's perfect dressing-room reaction to his match-winning shot that went viral.
- Following the loss, Buttler was asked about his opinion on Pant and how difficult it is for a captain to set the field and a game plan for a player of his talent. But the England captain gave a Jasprit Bumrah mention in his epic reply to the journalist.
- Chasing 260 to win the series-deciding third ODI, India reached their target with five wickets in hand and 47 balls to spare.
- Rishabh Pant finished with 125 not out, winning the game with a reverse-swept boundary off Joe Root in the next over at Old Trafford.
Sri Lanka great Kumar Sangakkara caught up with Hardik Pandya, where the all-rounder discussed in length about the short-ball theory, which helped him scalp the four wickets.
- Rishabh Pant remained unbeaten on 125 and even hit five consecutive fours off David Willey, leaving India with just three runs to score in the 43rd over.
- Buttler pulled Hardik's short delivery in the mid-wicket region. Jadeja again grabbed the catch – a two-handed sliding grab after sprinting to his left.
- Siraj blew away England's top order with two huge strikes in space of four balls in just the second over in Manchester.
- Suryakumar Kumar had a hilarious response to a journalist, who asked him about India's defeat in the final Test match at Edgbaston in Birmingham.