Govt receives NOC from contributors to Kailash Kher’s docudrama - Hindustan Times
close_game
close_game

Govt receives NOC from contributors to Kailash Kher’s docudrama

Hindustan Times, Dehradun | By
Feb 05, 2018 09:42 PM IST

Almost two years after he was assigned to produce a musical docudrama on Kedarnath shrine, which was ravaged by flash floods in 2013, singer submits final digital disk of his work to the state govt

Almost two years after he was assigned to produce a musical docudrama on Kedarnath shrine, which was ravaged by flash floods in 2013, singer Kailash Kher submitted final digital disk of his work before the state government on Monday.

Singer Kailash Kher submitted his work to DIPR director general Pankaj Pande.(HT File)
Singer Kailash Kher submitted his work to DIPR director general Pankaj Pande.(HT File)

Part of singer’s professional fee is pending with the Department of Information and Public Relations (DIPR).

Unlock exclusive access to the story of India's general elections, only on the HT App. Download Now!

The department has asked him to first give the final work and submit no objection certificate (NOC) from the eminent faces like cine star Amitabh Bachchan, drummer Shiva Mani besides others who have contributed in Kher’s work.

Kher submitted his work to director general of DIPR Pankaj Pande.

“Kailash Kher has submitted final CD, raw footage as well as NOC. We sought NOC so that we don’t face legal tangle in future as all the artists have high commercial value” said Ashish Tripathi, joint director (DIPR).

Kher has been in news for all odd reasons ever since the erstwhile Congress government decided to pay him an undisclosed professional fee for the work to his company – Kailasha Entertainment Private Limited.

According to information collected under the Right to Information (RTI) Act, Kher was paid to the tune of 3.66 crore from the funds meant for the reconstruction of Kedarnath shrine.

The ruling BJP which was then in opposition alleged 12 crore had been paid to the singer’s firm. But the after assuming power in March last year, the party said it was okay if the government pays remaining fee to the singer from ‘other’ head.

“Our objection (on payment) was confined to the misuse of reconstruction funds,” BJP state president Ajay Bhatt said justifying the party’s stand.

The musical docudrama presented by the singer has 12 episodes with each having 40 minutes of duration. Interestingly, the BJP government is still clueless how and where to showcase the artist’s work.

Tripathi said a decision on this will be taken “soon”. “The DIPR will soon decide on airing (the episodes of Shivoham) produced by Kher,” said the joint director.

Kedarnath remained on priority of Harish Rawat after he took over as the chief minister in 2014. The Congress government showcased the Kedarnath reconstruction works as its major achievement.

The BJP government is toying on the same line, too.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi, during a visit to Kedarnath in October last year, stressed on accelerating the pace of remaining works in the shrine town.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Share this article
  • ABOUT THE AUTHOR
    author-default-90x90

    Anupam Trivedi provides impetus to HT’s coverage from Uttarakhand and has covered politics, environment, policing, entertainment for close to 17 years.

SHARE
Story Saved
Live Score
OPEN APP
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Saturday, April 13, 2024
Start 14 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Follow Us On