Published on Aug 10, 2022 10:59 PM IST
ICAR has developed a vaccine that can cure lumpy skin disease in cattle.
PTI | | Posted by Akanksha Agnihotri, New Delhi
- Raksha Bandhan 2022: Planning to celebrate Raksha Bandhan with your lovable pooch? Here are some dos and don'ts you must remember.
The "average" dog can hear tones at 50 decibels (dBs) with no difficulty. Of the study cohort, 19 of the dogs could hear at 50 dBs, 12 at 70 dBs, and eight at 90 dBs (roughly equivalent to the noise made by a jet plane at takeoff).
Published on Aug 10, 2022 11:27 AM IST
ANI | | Posted by Tapatrisha Das, North Carolina
- If your dog is losing appetite, burping, licking lips, showing discomfort while swallowing food or restlessness, you may suspect canine acid reflux.
- Did you know that most of the cats are lactose intolerant and can develop diarrhoea from milk? Here are some common cat myths busted.
- International Cat Day: Cats make for a popular pet and although they require your pampering and attention throughout the year, there is a special day dedicated for them on August 8 every year. Here are 5 ways to pamper your cat.
The virtual cat hero from the new video game sensation “Stray” doesn't just wind along rusted pipes, leap over unidentified sludge and decode clues in a seemingly abandoned city. The daring orange tabby is helping real world cats as well.
Published on Aug 04, 2022 09:30 PM IST
AP | | Posted by Akanksha Agnihotri, New York
- Want to do something extra-special for your pets this Friendship Day? Here are unique ways to celebrate this day with your canine and feline friends.
In the ancient Ayurvedic texts, there is a mention of veterinary medicine focused on animal welfare, treatment therapies, management and surgery. Here are 5 ways to boost your pet's health with Neem, Ashwagandha, Sesame or Coconut Oil and other Ayurveda herbs
Updated on Aug 04, 2022 02:19 PM IST
, DelhiZarafshan Shiraz
- Pets can get irritable staying indoors while it's raining outside. Here's how to make monsoon fun for them.
A Tokyo clothing maker has teamed up with veterinarians to create a wearable fan for pets, hoping to attract the anxious owners of dogs - or cats - that can't shed their fur coats in Japan's blistering summer weather.
Published on Aug 01, 2022 06:33 PM IST
Reuters | | Posted by Parmita Uniyal, Tokyo
- It is important to manage your pet's blood sugar level as both too-high or too-low levels can be life-threatening. Here are early signs of diabetes to look out for in dogs.
When you buy or adopt a pet, it is a lifetime commitment and you are responsible for the health and well-being of your furry family member. Make sure that you as a pet parent are not making these mistakes that people often ignore while taking care of their pets
Updated on Jul 29, 2022 01:29 PM IST
, DelhiZarafshan Shiraz
- After a tough period of initial adjustment, it is probably a good idea to let your baby play with your pet after two or three months depending on the advice of your paediatrician.
- Particularly common in senior dogs or large breeds, osteoarthritis could occur due to age, injury, repetitive stress or disease. Here are some common symptoms.
Researchers from Cornell University have revealed the first evidence that dogs' sense of smell is connected with their vision and other distinctive regions of the brain. All you want to know.
Published on Jul 25, 2022 01:12 PM IST
ANI | | Posted by Akanksha Agnihotri
There has been a rise in the cases of Leptospirosis in Mumbai. Doctors reveal how to differentiate between the symptoms of Leptospirosis, Dengue and Covid-19? Should people with pets beware of being infected with leptospirosis? What are the various precautions to ensure safety from leptospirosis?
Updated on Jul 24, 2022 06:04 PM IST
- From maintaining a healthy digestive system, to addressing behavioural issues, exercise is also a therapy for your paw-some friends. Here are some fun indoor and outdoor exercises and games for your dogs.
Recent studies have linked germs that are resistant to vitally needed antibiotics to the feeding of raw meat to pet dogs.
Published on Jul 22, 2022 07:16 PM IST
ANI | | Posted by Parmita Uniyal
- From supporting their digestive system to supplying them with essential antioxidants and minerals, veggies can also keep certain kinds of cancer at bay in your dogs.
- Cancer in pets can occur due to environmental, genetic or lifestyle factors. Here are some telltale signs of cancer in dogs you shouldn't ignore.
- Skin infections in dogs are quite common in rainy weather. Here are hygiene and grooming tips by a veterinary doctor.
Cats treated for their injuries from the 2018 Camp Fire in Paradise, California, were some of the models for this study. Researchers examined their platelets, the cells that circulate in blood and help stop bleeding or form blood clots.
Published on Jul 18, 2022 10:41 AM IST
ANI | , Washington
- Leptospirosis is a zoonotic disease and can be transmitted to humans as well as animals. All you want to know about leptospirosis symptoms in dogs.
Pets are excellent stress busters at the end of a hectic workday but they can lead to a lot of distractions during work hours. Having a hard time managing work and pets? Here are some tips on how to manage work from home with pets
Updated on Jul 14, 2022 08:46 PM IST
, DelhiZarafshan Shiraz
- There are many seasonal fruits that are good for dogs and can be given in moderate amounts. Know from experts.
- It is important to take extra care of our adorable animal companions in their senior years. Here are tips to follow.
- Research has shown that sleeping with a pet has a wide range of advantages both for the owner and the pet.
- A veterinarian advises pet parents to keep their pets away from a couple of unsafe houseplants which could cause vomiting, diarrhea, depression and even liver and kidney failure in animals.