We united the neglected 70% in Gorakhpur: Sanjay Nishad - Hindustan Times
close_game
close_game

We united the neglected 70% in Gorakhpur: Sanjay Nishad

Hindustan Times, Gorakhpur | ByAbdul Jadid, Gorakhpur
Mar 16, 2018 12:24 PM IST

Sharing how he managed to make a dent in BJP’s stronghold, he said, “The BJP came to powers with the support of 30% upper caste. The rest of 70% population comprising Dalits, backwards and Muslims, were ignored and forced to live in apathy. I took these 70% along and the results are before you.”

Sanjay Nishad, founder and national president of NISHAD party, who is also being credited for effecting a formidable caste equation that led to the victory of Samajwadi Lok Sabha candidate and his son Praveen Nishad in Gorakhpur, said on Thursday he was extremely thankful to BSP chief Mayawati for extending support to the SP alliance.

Sanjay Nishad in Gorakhpur.(HT)
Sanjay Nishad in Gorakhpur.(HT)

Nishad said this before leaving for Lucknow with his son to meet SP chief Akhilesh Yadav.

Get ready to catch the final stages of the World Cup only on Crickit. Anytime, Anywhere. Explore now!

Sharing how he managed to make a dent in BJP’s stronghold, he said, “The BJP came to powers with the support of 30% upper caste. The rest of 70% population comprising Dalits, backwards and Muslims, were ignored and forced to live in apathy. I took these 70% along and the results are before you.”

He said that mandate to his son was result of anger of people against the BJP policies like demonetisation, GST, and discontinuation of welfare schemes for poor, including the SP Pension Yojna.

“The governments at the center and at state were formed on false promises and rhetorics. None of the promises made by BJP have been fulfilled.”

SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
SHARE
Story Saved
Live Score
OPEN APP
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Wednesday, June 26, 2024
Start 14 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Follow Us On