- The badminton federation secretary assured angry parents at the under-13 ranking event in Mohali that strict action would be taken.
Published on Jul 02, 2022 08:43 PM IST
- As a result of the protests, only the morning matches could be conducted while Tago had to face the wrath of angry parents, who demanded medical tests for an alleged 12 overaged shuttlers.
Published on Jul 01, 2022 09:57 PM IST
HT Correspondent, Mohali
Sindhu, seeded seventh, squandered a game lead to lose 13-21 21-15 21-13 to the second seed Tai Tzu, a silver medallist at the Tokyo Olympics.
Published on Jul 01, 2022 04:50 PM IST
The world No. 7 dispatched her Thai opponent 19-21 21-9 21-14 in a 57-minute second round clash at the Axiata Arena. The seventh seeded Indian will next face her nemesis Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei in the last eight face-off.
Published on Jun 30, 2022 12:30 PM IST
- If Sindhu, a former world champion, dished out a fine performance to outwit Thailand's world number 10 Pornpawee Chochuwong, London Olympics bronze medallist Saina went down fighting against American Iris Wang, ranked 33rd in the world
Published on Jun 29, 2022 12:29 PM IST
- A member of the Age Fraud Committee wrote a letter to the BAI president requesting for urgent action.
Updated on Jun 28, 2022 09:31 PM IST
- PV Sindhu was shown the door in the opening round by China's He Bing Jiao at the Indonesia Open Super 1000 earlier this month and will have to put behind that defeat when she begins her campaign against a formidable Pornpawee Chochuwong of Thailand.
Published on Jun 27, 2022 05:33 PM IST
- The 29-year-old’s hopes of crossing the last four stage of the Super 1000 event in his second attempt failed after a straight sets loss to China’s Zhao Jun Peng in Jakarta
Published on Jun 18, 2022 09:57 PM IST
- HS Prannoy vs Zhao Jun Peng, Indonesia Open 2022 semi-final Highlights: Prannoy loses to Jun Peng in straight games in the final four clash. Follow Highlights and updates of Badminton Match Live Today at Jakarta.
Updated on Jun 18, 2022 08:11 PM IST
HT Sports Desk, New Delhi
- The only Indian left in the competition, Prannoy will next face Chinese world No 35 Zhao Jun Peng.
Published on Jun 17, 2022 09:46 PM IST
HT Correspondent, New Delhi
- While world no. 8 Sen lost to compatriot H S Prannoy 10-21 9-21 in an all-India first round clash, world no. 11 Srikanth, who was making a comeback after nearly a month, was stunned by 41st ranked Brice Leverdez of France 21-23 10-21.
Published on Jun 15, 2022 11:32 PM IST
PTI | , Jakarta
- Seventh seed PV Sindhu lost 14-21, 18-21 to China's He Bing Jiao, thus crashing out of the tournament in the first round.
Published on Jun 14, 2022 12:32 PM IST
Sindhu went down without a fight to her old foe Ratchanok Intanon 12-21, 10-21 in a match lasting a little over half an hour.
Updated on Jun 10, 2022 08:00 PM IST
PTI | , Jakarta
Sindhu was made to toil hard for over an hour by Gregoria Mariska Tunjung of Indonesia before winning 23-21 20-22 21-11 in the second round.
Published on Jun 09, 2022 09:55 PM IST
PTI | , Jakarta
- World championship bronze medallist Sen outwitted Denmark's Hans-Kristian Solberg Vittinghus, two-time Olympic medallist Sindhu had to toil hard to get the better off Line Christophersen of Denmark.
Published on Jun 08, 2022 05:42 PM IST
Unnati impressed everyone with her maturity and skills, becoming the youngest Indian to win a BWF Super 100 crown at the Odisha Open this year.
Published on Jun 04, 2022 11:45 PM IST
Shalini Gupta, Panchkula
- Meeting after three years, the match didn’t go as anticipated and the Indian’s fightback in the second game could not turn the contest around in Bangkok.
Updated on May 21, 2022 06:23 PM IST
The sixth seeded Indian prevailed 21-15 20-22 21-13 over second seeded Japanese in 51 minutes to set up a clash with Olympic champion Chen Yu Fei of China.
Updated on May 20, 2022 08:31 PM IST
Srikanth, seeded eighth, gave a walkover to his Irish rival Nhat Nguyen. The reason for his withdrawal is not yet known.
Published on May 19, 2022 06:29 PM IST
PTI | , Bangkok
Padma Shri Kidambi Srikanth is looking forward to eat home-cooked food made by his mother, and some biryani.
Updated on May 19, 2022 11:18 AM IST
Naina Arora, New Delhi
Srikanth, seeded eighth in the BWF Super 500 tournament, won the first round match 18-21 21-10 21-16 in 49 minutes.
Published on May 18, 2022 11:51 AM IST
- India’s first Thomas Cup triumph was a result of strong bonding and a genuine desire to succeed as a team, its seniormost--unbeaten through the campaign--member says
Published on May 17, 2022 06:14 PM IST
Kidambi Srikanth, HS Prannoy and Lakshya Sen had played earlier. So what was it about the team in Bangkok that spurred India to their maiden triumph in 32 editions?
Published on May 16, 2022 11:42 PM IST
India's top singles player was poorly to start with, but didn't let three losses in a row affect him with a vital opening win in the final against Indonesia
Published on May 16, 2022 11:33 PM IST
HS Prannoy, whose last-gasp wins played a huge role in India’s Thomas Cup triumph, speaks about how the grand success was built on great team bonding
Published on May 16, 2022 09:47 PM IST
The reaction by an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer, who tried to add some humour to his tweet, didn't go well with the fans.
Updated on May 16, 2022 08:07 PM IST
Laskhya Sen, the doubles pair of Chirag Shetty and Satwiksairaj Rankireddy, and Kidambi Srikanth won their respective matches as India wrapped the five-round match early, winning it 3-0.
Published on May 16, 2022 06:18 PM IST
The chief national badminton coach says three strong singles players and a world-class doubles pair helped India end their wait for Thomas Cup glory
Published on May 16, 2022 12:20 AM IST
India win the Thomas Cup for the first time, upstaging odds-on favourites and holders Indonesia 3-0 in the best-of-five final tie in Bangkok on Sunday
Published on May 16, 2022 12:14 AM IST